Amani Women Center C0vid-19 Efforts!
Organic Muslin Filter!
• Due to COVID-19, Amani Women Center is open on Saturdays only from 11am - 6p.m. and weekdays by appointment only. The center
is observing all CDC guidelines and protocols. The health and
safety of our staff, clients, and community is our top priority.
• Our Sewing Academy has temporarily pivoted to virtual classes
• We remain committed to supporting our women and the community in the middle of the crisis. Your support right now has never been more important as we’re developing new and innovative ways to provide refugee women with emergency relief assistance.
Thank you for your understanding.
Amani Women Center Masks
1. Masks have sewn-in filters - Natural100% organic
2. Masks are reversible with adjustable ear loops
3. Made with Emory and CDC Health Care Guidelines
4. Fabric is 100% cotton - 3 layer masks.
5. All Fabrics are washed and sanitized
6. Washable - Wash and dry them daily!
Masks Should Be Worn The Right Way!
1. The top edge sits on the bridge of your nose.
2. The bottom edge sits under your chin.
3. Secure elastic around ear loops.
4. Should fit enough to allow for breathing without
5. Wash mask after using daily and air dry.
Amani Women Center - Stitching Lives Together
To empower and educate refugee
women through culturally tailored programs that contribute to their economic security and
• AWC's holistic approach is to cater
to the wellbeing of the community through a variety of hands one
programs sensitively tailored to
Amani Women Center's Sewing Program (ASA) Provides Life Skills To
Provide a one stop safe haven
for refugee women of all cultures,
who are seeking a space for spiritual,
mental, and physical healing.
AMANI WOMEN CENTER (AWC) fills a very important gap for the work we do in the refugee community by providing culturally sensitive programs and services to the different ethnic groups represented in Clarkson, Georgia. Crucial to the AWC’s work is a holistic, culturally informed, and collaborative approach. AWC believes in the value of creating trusting relationships on a person-to-person basis to identify community needs and obstacles to develop effective solutions that empower and strengthen the community.
We continue to show commitment by effectively and efficiently providing tailored programming (e.g. our sewing academy) and
services through our ethnically diverse team (Amani Community Ambassadors) that is reflective of the community we serve.
Amani Sewing Academy (ASA) is an expansion of a workforce development, job readiness, life skills apprenticeship program at Amani Women Center.
Refugee women participating in this program are in need of a safe space where they can continue making the products that they are already making
as well as have an opportunity to
acquire sewing skills.
Our products are unique in that they are handmade from recycled cloth, beads and seeds. The program opens up a world
of opportunities and possibilities for expressing the creative side of the women while earning an income.
Amani Sewing Academy